Tuesday 11 February 2014

WEARING//colour

It is summer, and I feel guilty for not wearing more colour. Here is my attempt at combining minimalism with Harajuku street vibes. I knew that my new ridiculous platforms could make any outfit look more exciting. I've always loved how Harajuku girls could pull off socks & sandals so well. I've always been a fan of socks & sandals, I think it's a really cool way to add colour to an otherwise monochromatic (and possibly boring?) outfit. My sock collection is getting out of control. I have 2 sock draws now, and they are still over flowing and doing that thing where they fall down the back of your chest of draws. 



1. fashionista415.com 

2. atozcloset.blogspot.com
3. fashionhayley.com
4. latestfashionpicks.com


Shorts are the best. They are a much better alternative to skirts for me. I hate not being able to sit on grass or climb trees or sit on the lounge with my legs open or whatever so I always chose shorts over skirts. Both of these pairs are very comfortable, very high-waisted. Just the way I like them. Plus they really compliment my no-boobs, long-legs combo. I always chose to show my legs than my top half (of lack there of). 

1. Marble print shorts from Cameo
2. Geometric Shorts from Zara 

I absolutely adore everything from the Opening Ceremony x Adidas Originals collection. Some collaborations just work. Word of advice to any one purchasing these shoes; perhaps buy a size down. I had to return my original pairs because they were stupidly huge. The red ones are suede and the purple rock-pattern ones are a soft fabric. They're comfortable but tiresome to wear all day long because of their weight. But who cares about any of that, they look ~faaabulous~ Check it out.

What do you do when you can't decide which pair to buy? you get them both, because you are terrible with financial management and you like shoes more than food. I have to say, I think the red ones are my favourite. It's the chunky red sole that does it for me. It's such a vibrant colour, it's exciting to wear something so bright for a change. I hope they don't fade. 

I like to put all the emphasis and colour into one area of an outfit. So with this outfit I have chosen my feet. Combining stupid shoes with stupid socks. This outfit would probably look just fine with black jelly sandals or white trainers, but colourful platforms are just way more fun. Wearing all white/black can get kind of boring. These socks remind me of Neapolitan ice cream, fruity sorbets and tacky 80s geometric design.

1. Shoes from Opening Ceremony x Adidas Originals, socks from Alpha60 (Australian Brand!)
2. 
Shoes from Opening Ceremony x Adidas Originals, socks from Alpha60 (Australian Brand!)

1. top from Zara, Shorts from Zara

 1. top from Zara, shorts from Cameo




Yay! Colour! Things!

Love Anongirl xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment